The Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology (MITT) is a hybrid institution that offers technical training for post-secondary students and also trains high school students through partnerships and an on-campus technical and trades school.
Industry collaboration is a hallmark of MITT’s approach to preparing students for their careers. With its industry partners, MITT identifies skills gaps and develops curricula to meet them. Students can opt for practicum opportunities and integrated career preparation training to help them build connections with prospective employers as they learn.
The Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology (MITT) specializes in information and business technology, health care, human services and skilled trades.
It offers more than 25 certificate, diploma and apprenticeship-accredited programs, including software development, mechanic/millwright, welding, electronics, auto mechanics, hospitality management, culinary arts and design, hairstyling, and graphic and print technician.
The school provides continuing education opportunities through its Lifelong Learning Institute. MITT also runs a large network of adult learning centres, and its YouthBuild program equips Indigenous learners with trades training. MITT’s own ESL school delivers language training to qualifying newcomers.
MITT also offers a home-stay program to international students, who make up 50 per cent of the school’s full-time students.
|Size of school||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$6,750-$9,150||$3,100-$9,050||$9,050-$18,100||No|
- Cyber Defence and Cloud Administration: A two-year diploma program that includes an eight-week practicum prepares students to write a variety of certification exams.
- Pharmacy Technician: This two-year diploma program boasts small class sizes, interdisciplinary learning, simulation labs and three work practicums.
- Graphic and Print Technician: Boasting a 100 per cent employment rate for grads, this program makes use of a large, on-site Heidelberg press and covers the spectrum of design, pre-press, printing and post-press finishing.
Popular Programs at The Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology (MITT)
- Cyber Defence and Cloud Administration
- Industrial Mechanic/Millwright
- Pharmacy Technician
- Rehabilitation Assistant
For more updated information about admission at MITT, please visit MITT Website